Attorneys Addressing all areas of Employment Law
The firm represents and advises its clients, including individuals, businesses, and unions with regard to the complex and constantly changing landscape of employment law. This representation includes advising, negotiating for, and otherwise representing our clients on statutory and regulatory developments and on contract and tort matters relating to employment. We cover the spectrum of employment law, including but not limited to the following areas:
- Laws prohibiting illegal discrimination based on factors such as age, race, sex, disability, national origin, ethnicity, and other forms of illegal discrimination and harassment;
- Laws covering employee compensation requirements and benefits, such as the Fair Labor Standards Act, the Pennsylvania Minimum Wage Law, the Pennsylvania Wage Payment and Collection Law, and ERISA;
- Laws addressing leave requirements (e.g., the Family and Medical Leave Act);
- Tenure matters and matters arising under the School Code;
- Civil service matters;
- Unemployment compensation matters;
- Employment contracts for individual employees, executives and professionals, including but not limited to issues such as compensation, benefits, severance, cause and termination;
- Employment contract matters involving covenants not to compete, non-solicitation, and confidentiality obligations;
- Separation and severance agreements;
- Employment policy formulation and employee handbooks;
- Torts in the workplace such as wrongful termination, defamation, and invasion of privacy.
In addition to providing advice, representation, negotiation, and drafting for our clients in these areas through the firm's Employment Law group, the firm's Employment Litigation group litigates a full range of employment issues, covering the areas identified above.