Alternative Dispute Resolution
Mediation, Arbitration & Early Neutral Evaluators
Litigation is time consuming, distracting, difficult, and costly for plaintiffs and defendants alike. For these reasons, Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) has steadily gained acceptance and popularity. The United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania implemented mandatory ADR to resolve disputes quickly, efficiently, privately, and without the costs associated with litigation in court. For every case filed in the Western District, the parties are required to conduct a "meet and confer" conference pursuant to Federal Rule 26(f) and choice of court-sponsored ADR options is a required item of discussion. Arbitration and mediation are two of the most widely accepted ADR techniques and Rothman Gordon is proud to have seasoned mediators, arbitrators, and early neutral evaluators ready to assist you.
Video Conferencing & Mediation
Rothman Gordon is equipped with video conferencing equipment if one of the parties is unable to travel to our Pittsburgh office for a mediation and would like to join remotely. Please inquire when you contact us regarding your mediation.
Our experience includes:
- Mediation of hundreds of cases.
- Our attorneys have functioned as arbitrators, mediators, and early neutral evaluators for the United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania, the American Arbitration Association National Panel of Mediators, Financial Industry Regulating Authority (FINRA), the National Employment Mediation Services Panel, Justice ADR Services, JUSTUS Medical Malpractice Group, USA&M, and JAMS/Endispute.
- Mediation of a wide range of civil cases, including class actions and multiple party cases, and commercial cases such as franchise, contract and construction disputes.
- Extensive experience in labor and employment arbitration and mediation, including sexual harassment, discrimination, wrongful termination, and other employment issues.
- Family law mediation to achieve fair settlements for all parties in custody, relocation, equitable distribution, and protection from abuse cases.
- Our attorneys have functioned as arbitrators under the auspices of the American Arbitration Association's Employment Arbitration Panel, the Arbitration and Mediation Service, and the Pennsylvania Bureau of Mediation, Department of Labor and Industry.
View our video series for attorneys: Strategizing and Preparing for Mediation
Links to ADR sites
- Pennsylvania Council of Mediators
- Mediation Council of Western PA
- District Court of Western Pennsylvania ADR page
- Pennsylvania Bureau of Mediation, Department of Labor and Industry
- American Arbitration Association
Find Out More: